What is Iris?
The Iris Suite consists of an email client Iris and a companion Contacts application.
Iris is a modern IMAP based email client for MorphOS. It combines several contemporary technologies like WebKit, OAuth2, ObjectiveC++ and VMIME to form the most advanced native application for Amiga®-compatible operating systems.
Contacts is a CardDav client that can download your GMail contacts, iCloud contacts as well as from any compatible CardDav server. It is tightly integrated with the Iris email client.
- Extensive IMAP support based on VMime, including local storage and folder management
- Verified by Google to access Gmail accounts via OAuth2/Sign in with Google
- OAuth2 authentication support for Outlook.com and Yahoo! Mail
- Support for all common authentication and security methods
- Support for custom / self-signed server certificates
- Encryption of passwords and authentication keys via cryptostorage.library
- Email account autoconfiguration
- Multiple accounts
- Can read archived folders and folders managed by other email applications
- HTML email support within the application thanks to inclusion of WebKit
- Rich text email editing, including a spell checker
- Attachments including embedding images in emails
- Full Unicode support, everywhere in the application
- Massive multithreading for all of networking and I/O operations
- Read-only offline mode
- Support for OpenURL
- PDF export of emails
- Written in ObjectiveC++